Looking for new ways to boost your Amazon sales? With an average of 2 billion monthly visits to the platform in the US alone, it’s important to have a competitive edge. That’s where ChatGPT comes in.
ChatGPT can be a powerful tool to grow your business using existing resources. In order to make the most of it, you need to understand how to ask the right questions to get the best results out of them.
This article shares 9 examples of ChatGPT prompts to improve your Amazon sales and take your business to the next level.
How ChatGPT can help you boost your Amazon sales
ChatGPT is an AI language model developed by Open AI that uses data to generate conversational near-human-like responses. In just two months after its launch, it got more than 100 million active users, with many business owners discovering its value.
For example, you can ask it to help you write an email response to a client or create Amazon product descriptions.
Here are a few ideas on how to use ChatGPT for your business to boost your sales:
– Automate admin tasks. ChatGPT can help you save time by automating repetitive tasks, such as creating email reminders or taking notes during meetings with your team.
– Improve customer service. You can use ChatGPT to create the first version of an FAQ page or create the draft content for your refund policy.
– Create copy for your products. You can turn ChatGPT into your personal copywriter and speed up the process of creating new product pages.
– Build an email sequence for your customers. It’s now easier to create an email campaign to promote a new product. All you need to do is share the necessary details with ChatGPT to get help with the content.
In order to make the most out of ChatGPT, you need to understand how it works. You won’t get a good answer if you don’t ask the right question.
This is where prompt engineering comes in. You don’t need to be a developer or an AI expert to create your own ChatGPT prompts.
It’s all about understanding how the language model works to ask the right questions.
9 ChatGPT prompts to land more Amazon sales
Struggling to come up with the right questions to make the most of ChatGPT?
These 9 ChatGPT prompts focus on key tasks to help you boost your Amazon sales. You can customize them to make them more relevant for your business or you can even use them for inspiration to create your own prompts.
1. “Which keywords should I use to improve the ranking of my product on Amazon? [insert product details here]”
This prompt can help you improve your SEO keyword research to boost your product’s search rankings.
It’s important to give ChatGPT as much context as possible to get the best keywords. For example, you can include the product description you already have or any notes that describe the product. You can also share sample copies or keywords from your competitors’ products.
If the outcome is not what you had in mind, you can ask additional questions to make the keywords more relevant.
2. “How can I add scarcity or urgency in my product copywriting to increase Amazon conversions? [insert product details here]”
This is a prompt that helps you master sales psychology to land more sales. ChatGPT can review your product copy to suggest ways you can improve it to appeal to more customers.
For example, you can get feedback on your existing copy. You can even share your product’s features and ask for ChatGPT to create highly converting content.
3. “How can I reduce cart abandonment on Amazon for this product? [insert product details here]”
For many businesses, cart abandonment is a serious blocker to landing more sales.
ChatGPT can review your existing content to make it more conversion-focused. It can also share ideas on how to streamline the buyers’ journey to appeal to potential customers — from the first impression to the checkout process.
Once again, sharing as many details as possible is important to make the most out of ChatGPT.
4. “Review and improve the SEO of these product titles [insert product details here]”
This prompt is focusing on SEO to help you write more engaging product titles. You can share the existing product titles or you can even share your notes and ask ChatGPT to come up with new ideas.
If it’s about a new product, you can share examples of your best-selling products to get ChatGPT to create similar titles.
5. “Share 3 reasons why my X product stands out from my competitor”
This prompt is focusing on competitor analysis to help business owners understand their products’ key selling points. ChatGPT can be an ideal objective resource to help you analyze your products and your competitors’.
You can use the insights to improve your branding, your copy, or even the pricing of your products if needed.
6. “Share 5 reasons why an Amazon customer wouldn’t buy my X product.”
“Follow-up prompt: Turn the objections into a list of benefits.”
You probably know your product’s key selling points. It’s equally important though to know the reasons a potential customer won’t buy your product.
Once again, ChatGPT can be an objective resource to help you understand what your product is missing and what you need to do about it.
As a follow-up question, ask ChatGPT to share practical recommendations on how to turn objections into benefits. Just like that, you have an action plan to win more clients.
7. “How can I use [name social channel] to get more visitors to my Amazon products? [insert product details here]”
This prompt can help a seller attract a wider audience. ChatGPT can be a useful resource for marketing tips that lead to more sales.
You can make your question more specific by focusing on one social channel. For example, you can ask for recommendations on how to attract more customers through Instagram. You can even add a follow-up question to get examples of product posts that boost sales.
8. “I want to improve conversion in this Amazon PPC campaign. Share practical ways to do it. [insert campaign details here]”
This prompt is focusing on advertising to maximize the success of a PPC campaign.
Share as many details as possible about your campaign to get the best response — from the ad copy to the channels you are using.
You can also ask for recommendations on what makes a successful PPC campaign to improve your future ads.
9. “Create a list of the most frequent scripts to use in customer interactions for my Amazon business. [insert product details here]”
This prompt is focusing on improving customer service by helping sellers be more effective with customer interactions.
It’s an easy way to save time while accessing useful content to scale the customer experience.
For example, you can focus on frequently asked questions, details about your products, and order inquiries. You can personalize the scripts by sharing notes of what your customers tend to ask you to make the content even more useful.
There’s no one-size-fits-all approach when creating effective prompts. What works for your competitor may not work for you.
Still, this is the best time to use ChatGPT to grow your Amazon business.
Start by experimenting with different prompts to understand how the process works. If you are not happy with the result, ask follow-up questions to be more specific.
The more time you spend at the start to ‘train’ ChatGPT, the easier it becomes to create relevant content in the future.